Senior Digital Designer
Creative - Amsterdam
Powers must include: Kick ass Art Direction & Design.
First of all, leave your “EGO” at the door. Here at SHCC everyone likes to play on a level playing field. Everyone has an opinion and everyone's opinion is valid. We like to think of ourselves as 1 big brain. We all understand one another and we’re all pushing for the same goal to become the “Best In Class” digital design studio.
Now let’s get into the nitty gritty.
We are heavily focused on execution as well as pushing the technical boundaries, so when it comes to the creative team it’s all about execute execute, execute. That’s how we roll at SHCC. Ok ok, it’s not all about execution per se. We’re a bunch of strategic thinkers, so when it comes to design it’s not just about making things look “pretty”, we expect you to have a methodical and meticulous approach behind your ideas and decisions.
We love lists. So how about we share with you some of the responsibilities we’re looking for:
1. Using your knowledge and experience to mentor other team members by pushing for “Best In Class” work.
2. Understanding client briefs and interpreting them to allow you to go above and beyond their expectations, whilst understanding the implications of budgets and technical constraints.
3. Communicating effectively and efficiently with other designers, UX Designers, Motions Designers, Developers and Producers to get the very best out of the projects.
4. Continuously monitoring and improving the quality of work in your team.
5. Able to present to the client your ideas. Explaining why certain decisions have been made for the benefit of the project.
6. You will become a big part of the team, so helping to push all aspects of a project from ideation, design and a good understanding of development will go a long way.
- Daily healthy lunch & a moment to catch-up with your work friends
- Fruit, snacks and a fully stocked fridge
- 24 days of paid leave plus an average of 6 public holidays
- Great pension plan
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Monthly company events
- Phenomenal work environment, comfy ergonomic chairs & on-site massages
- Diverse culture, not your average tech environment
- Walking distance to the best that the Amsterdam city center has to offer
- More: travel reimbursement, access to conferences, and fun colleagues!
- At least 4 years of proven experience.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- Extensive knowledge of (and experience with) Adobe Photoshop and Sketch
- Experience with animating digital interfaces.
- Proficiency in the English language.
You might also have:
- Experience with Cinema 4D or other 3D tools.
- Experience with UX and/or visual design.
- Fluent with bad language, in both Dutch & English
- Able to hold your own and keep up with drinking sessions