Lead Backend Developer
Development – Amsterdam
As a Lead Back-end Developer you are a key-player within our team making sure challenging projects are fully functional, innovative, and perform well on every level with the ability to scale up and down if necessary. You inspire other back-end developers to use state-of-the-art techniques, and are responsible for monitoring the and continuously improving the quality of work of your team. Due to our fast-paced industry there’s great freedom to choose new cutting-edge technology on every project.
We find it important to help you grow as a person and in your career. As a growing company we offer several opportunities to learn and advance yourself within Superhero Cheesecake. We care about continuously training our team members to become top-notch developers. Our regular code review meetings make sure everybody can learn from mistakes and get up to speed with best practices.
- Daily healthy lunch & a moment to catch-up with your new work friends
- Fruit, snacks and a fully stocked fridge
- 24 days of paid leave plus an average of 6 public holidays
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Monthly company events
- Profit sharing & room to grow in your career
- Phenomenal work environment, comfy ergonomic chairs & on-site massages
- Diverse culture, not your average tech environment
- Walking distance to the best that the Amsterdam city center has to offer
- More: travel reimbursement, access to conferences, and fun colleagues!
Our Tech Stack
linux, apache, php, laravel, unit-testing, integration-testing, git, elasticsearch, beanstalkd, composer-php, mysql, rest, apiary.io, ssh, git-flow, continuous-deployment
- 3 years of proven experience
- The ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Extensive knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns and knowing when to implement them
- Good knowledge of database architecture and performance.
- Experience in implementing security measures for API’s and are up to speed with the latest best practices
- Experience with frameworks, in particular Laravel
- Proficiency in the English language
In addition to this, you also have:
- An intimate knowledge of the details of PHP and MySQL and how to optimize these tools for different situations
- An attitude to take charge of a project and it’s code to get to the best result
- A good sense for application and database architecture and making the right decisions for the different projects
- Basic knowledge of hosting management and architecture